CARES Act Federal Reporting Notice
1. An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, the applicable amount of funds designated under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) (a)(1) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
The Red Lake Nation College (RLNC) acknowledged receipt of supplemental funding under CRRSAA. Furthermore, RLNC intends to disburse to students the same amount in emergency financial aid grants as was required under its original Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) Student Aid Portion award.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA (a)(1) programs.
RLNC has received a total of $5,307,609.00 of HEERF of which $398,936.00 will be issued directly to students for Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the CRRSAA (a)(1) programs as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
As of September 31, 2022, the total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students is $337,786.20.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA (a)(1) programs.
RLNC has 91 students that are eligible to receive funds under guidance provided by the Department of Education.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA (a)(1) programs.
As of September 31, 2022, a total of 164 students have received funds under this award.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the CRRSAA (a)(1) programs.
Consistent with Department of Education guidelines, all active degree-seeking students enrolled at least half time were eligible to apply for HEERF funds, with the exception of nonresident aliens. HEERF disbursement amounts ranged from $500 -$1,500.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
The Red Lake Nation college notified all students through Canvas learning Management System to inform students of HEERF Funds included in CRRSAA.